"I stared into his eyes, trying to decipher the emotion that smoldered just under the surface. He gazed back, and the casual pretense suddenly slipped away. He was glowing--his angel's face brilliant with joy and victory.
He was so glorious that it knocked me breathless. Before I could catch that breath, he was kissing me, his lips exultant. I was lightheaded when he moved his mouth to whisper in my ear--but his breathing was just as ragged as mine.
'Yes, I like it. You have no idea.' I laughed, gasping a little. 'I believe you.' 'Do you mind if I do something?' he murmured, his arms tightening around me.... He looked up at me through his impossibly long lashes, his golden eyes soft but, somehow, still scorching. 'I promise to love you forever--every single day of forever. Will you marry me?'...
I whispered, 'Yes.'
'Thank you,' he said simply.
He took my left hand and kissed each of my fingertips before he kissed the ring that was now mine."
I love doing new things, even if im not always good at them. So what if I'm not perfect? I always give my best shot and I'm not afraid of failing because I KNOW, I'll always bounce back to try again. And that's why I think our story will never quite be finished. The rest is up to you, really.
Sometimes the worst part of my day is what i end up liking the most. I suppose life's really like that... you only see what you're really made of when the going gets ROUGH. I know I'm a tough cookie. But that doesn't mean I wont catch a tearjerker with my girlfriends or with myself alone. Or that i'll give the ice cream pass after a session at anywhere. Either way, i deserve every treat.
No comments:
Post a Comment